All-natural sweet potatoes sliced, slow baked, and infused with hemp-derived CBD to calm and soothe your furry friend. 100% vegan and rich in vitamins, minerals, and beta-carotene. Especially well-suited for dogs with allergies and food sensitivities.
Approx 4-6mg of hemp-extracted CBD per treat
Extra Small (3lbs-10lbs) – 1 treat per day
Small (10lbs-22lbs) – 1-2 treats per day
Medium (22lbs-35lbs) – 2-3 treats per day
Large (35lbs-80lbs) – 3-4 treats per day
Ingredients: sweet potato | hemp-extracted cannabidiol
Sweet Potato –sweet potatoes are one of the best dietary sources of vitamin A, which promotes healthy skin, coat, eyes, nerves, and muscles in dogs. They are also a rich source of vitamins A, C, B6, potassium, calcium, and iron
MCT Oil – a oil made from a type of fat called Medium-Chain Triglycerides, derived from 100% all-natural coconut oil. MCT molecules are smaller than those in most of the fats you eat (long-chain triglycerides [LCT]). This makes them easier to digest for both humans & dogs.
MCT Oil Health Benefits:
- May reduce risk factors for heart disease
- May help manage blood sugar levels
Why MCT Oil is the Perfect Match for CBD:
- MCTs do an impressive job at protecting all of the CBD from being completely broken down by the digestive system before reaching the bloodstream.
- Since CBD is a fat-soluble compound, it is most efficient and best absorbed by the body when taken along with saturated fats, like MCTs.
- MCT oil provides a vehicle for the most CBD possible to be absorbed by the bloodstream.
- When discussing how effectively a compound like CBD can travel through the digestive system after consuming and the level to which it can be absorbed by the body, the term is called bioavailability. Of course, most people would hope to have the most effective absorption to get the most out of their product’s benefits. This is precisely where MCT oil shines, and makes it CBD oil’s perfect match.
CBD Health Benefits & Applications for Dogs:
Pets have endocannabinoid systems just like humans, and can enjoy many of the same health benefits when consuming CBD, including:
Pain & Inflammation
By naturally reducing inflammation associated with pain and inflammatory conditions such as Osteoarthritis, CBD can help manage your dog’s pain and discomfort, and increase their mobility and range of motion – allowing them to run, play and jump with ease.
As a natural mood regulator, CBD can help reduce feelings of stress/fear and control symptoms of anxiety such as: persistent barking/whining, excessive chewing/licking/scratching, urination/defecation in the house (despite being house trained), tremors/shaking, and aggression.
As a natural anticonvulsant, CBD has the ability to help controls seizures, tremors, tics, and spasms in dogs who suffer from Idiopathic Epilepsy.
As a natural immunosuppressant and immunomodulator, CBD can be an effective natural form of treatment for dogs who suffer from autoimmune diseases such as Rheumatoid Arthritis, autoimmune skin conditions, hot spots, and chronic allergies.
Nausea & Vomiting
As a natural antiemetic, CBD can reduce feelings of nausea, suppress the subsequent vomiting reflex, and as a result stimulate appetite for dogs suffering from a wide range of health conditions and digestive issues.
“I purchased the Chews for my dog’s anxiety and the Balance for mine. Both are such clean products and most definitely helped curb everyday anxious feelings. I love Sensitiva’s products and stand by their brand.” – Kiersty, Toronto